Neck Pain Treatment in Orlando, FL
Can’t turn your head without pain? Experiencing stiffness or a burning sensation in your neck?
Free MRI Review
Treating neck pain is our area of expertise.
Neck pain could be a common grievance. Neck muscles are often strained from poor posture — whether or not it’s leaning over your computer or hunching over your worktable. Osteoarthritis is also a typical reason for neck pain.
Rarely, neck pain is a symptom of a more serious problem. Get medical aid if your neck pain is accompanied by numbness or loss of strength in your arms or hands or if you’ve got shooting pain into your shoulder or down your arm.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Pain that is usually worsened by holding your head in one place for long periods, such as when driving or working at a computer
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Decreased ability to maneuver your head
When to see a doctor
Most neck pain improves bit by bit with home treatment. If not, see your doctor.
Seek immediate care if severe neck pain results from an injury, like a motorized vehicle accident, diving accident or fall.
Contact a doctor if your neck pain:
- Is severe
- Persists for many days without relief
- Spreads down arms or legs
- Is accompanied by a headache, numbness, weakness or tingling
Request an appointment at Laser Spine Orlando
Your neck is versatile and supports the burden of your head, therefore it is at risk of injuries and conditions that cause pain and limit motion. Neck pain causes include:
- Muscle strains. Overuse, like too many hours stooping over your pc or smartphone, usually triggers muscle strains. Even minor things, like reading in bed or gritting your teeth, will strain neck muscles.
- Worn joints. Just like the other joints in your body, your neck joints tend to wear down with age. Osteoarthritis causes the cushions (cartilage) between your bones (vertebrae) to deteriorate. Your body then forms bone spurs that affect joint motion and cause pain.
- Nerve compression. Herniated disks or bone spurs within the vertebrae of your neck will persist the nerves branching out from the funiculus.
- Injuries. Rear-end automobile collisions usually lead to whiplash injury, which happens once the head is jerked backward and then forward, straining the soft tissues of the neck.
- Diseases. Certain diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer, can cause neck pain.
Most neck pain is related to poor posture combined with age-related wear and tear. To help stop neck pain, keep your head centered over your spine. Some simple changes in your daily routine could facilitate. Contemplate making an attempt to:
- Use good posture. Once standing and sitting, make sure your shoulders square measure during a line over your hips and your ears square measure directly over your shoulders.
- Take frequent breaks. If you travel long distances or work long hours at your pc, get up, move around and stretch your neck and shoulders.
Adjust your table, chair, and pc in order that the monitor is at eye level. Knees ought to be slightly lower than hips. Use your chair’s armrests.
- Avoid tucking the phone between your ear and shoulder after you speak. Use a telephone receiver or telephone set instead.
If you smoke, quit. Smoking can place you at higher risk of developing neck pain.
- Avoid carrying heavy baggage with straps over your shoulder. The weight can strain your neck.
- Sleep in a sensible position. Your head and neck ought to be aligned along with your body. Use a small pillow below your neck. Try sleeping on your back along with your thighs elevated on pillows, which is able to flatten your spinal muscles.
And Many More
Laser Spine Orlando has helped me become pain free! Their staff is so knowledgeable and friendly, they really made me feel at home. Thank you Laser Spine Orlando for all the help!
- John S
I submitted my information and was called immediately. I was seen by a Board Certified Neurosurgeon within 24 hours. The entire staff is fantastic!
- Joseph R.
Laser Spine Orlando is the only place I've found that has a board-certified neurosurgeon and an equally stellar staff that helps patients through the entire surgical process- Sam F
Laser Spine Orlando has an awesome group of doctors and staff - Cherise N
I want to thank Dr. Molloy and the staff at Laser Spine Orlando for giving me my life back. Before seeing them I could barely walk and my pain didn't allow me to do anything around the house. After my surgery, I was pain-free within a week and was able to care for my husband without the thought of having to lie down and rest due to pain. -Margaret W
The staff at Laser Spine Orlando and Dr. Molloy are extremely professional and puts the needs of the patient ahead of themselves. I was able to get an appointment right away with Dr. Molloy after filling out a form online and within two weeks was able to get a much-needed surgery to help relieve my back and leg pain. I love these guys. -Patricia C.
Why Choose Laser Spine Orlando
Laser Spine Orlando believes in a comprehensive approach to spine pain care. Each patient is treated as an individual with personalized treatment and therapy to achieve their personal goals.
30,000 Successful Surgeries
To put it simply...a lot. Our surgeons have performed over 15,000 successful spine procedures. Each one is board certified and extremely skilled in fighting neck and back pain. We are the leaders in Laser Spine Surgery.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
The best choice for patients suffering from neck and back pain. This form of minimally invasive surgery provides an alternative to regular surgical procedures when other treatment methods have not produced the desired results. Laser techniques offer faster recovery times with fewer complications.
Pain Free Living
That's why we are here. We have a duty to the patient to do everything we can to eliminate neck and back pain. Our newest location in Orlando is equipped to handle the most complex cases. Our surgeons are highly specialized and focused on eliminating chronic pain and getting patients back to a pain free life.